SoulSisterStudio

Using found images, I am creating SoulCollage cards that describe aspects of my inner self, shared here for others on the path to self-discovery -- Come, explore with me!

March 30, 2006

Saboteur - Council SoulCollage Card

This card came from a poster that I found in a pile of magazines from a tag sale, and I really didn't like the image, but I kept thinking about the eyes, and so went back and used just that part to make a card. For couple of months I didn't know what it was about -- I thought maybe fear -- but it was more predatory, causing me to feel the fear, not about the fear itself. In the end I figured out that it was about harming myself -- sabotaging my efforts to improve my life and my health. It was as if I had looked in the mirror and these were the eyes I saw looking back at me -- and then that "Saboteur" voice within immediately connected to this image that I had made into a SoulCollage card months earlier.

Who are you and what do you have to give me?
I am the one who undermines your plans and gfood intentions. I sabootage your health, your success, your relationships -- I'm the one who keeps you from following your intuition. No tricks are too dirty for me, too under-handed. I provide the antithesis to allow you to value your still, small voice inside -- without the dark there is no light.

What do you want from me?
I want you to forget your power, or to misuse it. To live in a fog of materialism and guilt and overeating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"It is not how much we do, but how much love we put in the doing." -- Mother Teresa